Welcome To Our Website

We are a friendly local poetry group that meets on

the third Sunday of each month to read our own

poetry, listen to others’ poetry and talk about poetry.

Meetings take place on the third Sunday afternoon of

the month starting at 2.00 o'clock and finishing at

approximately 5.15. In December we meet on the

second Sunday.

They are held in the library of Orley

Farm School, South Hill Avenue, Harrow, Middx.


The nearest tube station is South Harrow. There is no

access by car from the South Harrow end of South

Hill Avenue. Entrance to the library is by a door

round to the left of the building.


Fancy yourself as a poet?


Come and listen or read
your own verse. This local

poetry group started in 1992. Visitors £3.00.

For further details and before coming telephone

0208 864 3149.



Below we will be placing some of our latest verse as tasters.

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Down The Garden Path

Come in! Come in! Before our tea,
I wonder- would you like to see

The garden -though it's past its best!
These squirrels aren't they a pest?
They break the flowers and steal my fruit.
If I Just had a gun I'd shoot
them all. 1 would, I'd kill the lot!
My roses- yes, I know- black spot
and mildew they're a sorry sight
A spray? No sir! It isn't right
to fling these Chemicals about.
I'd far, far, rather do without

the flowers, and certainly its true
my flowers are feeble things, and few.
A glimpse now would you 'like to snatch
of my small vegetable patch?
My Runner beans don't do too well -
my pigeons eat them, beans and shell
My cabbages - the cabbage white
had them in tatters overnight.
Mt lettucesa are full of bugs,
and eaten down by snails and slugs.
I wonder, is it worth the sweat,
for all the produce that I get?
Come this way now, and mind the step.
Oh dear; You�ve overturned the skep!
that step is shaky where you fell
you managed up though, pretty well.
just stung by nettles, nothing broken?
Here, let me soothe it with a docken
Lucky that one is growing near!
Don be upset about that hive
that you knocked down -there's none alive.
This winter past I clean forgot
to feed them, so I the lot.
My goodness me! There's still some more!
Where have they slung you,is it sore?
Come on then now the bees are roused
it's time that we were safely housed.

John Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like a poem? Feel free to comment,Thank You.